IDGC are now the EIT Food Hub in Greece!
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted.
We need to future proof our food. So we are on a mission to build an inclusive and innovative community where the consumer is actively involved.
This is achieved through our 6 strategic objectives:
- Overcome low consumer trust – supporting European citizens in the transition towards a smart food system that is inclusive and reassuring
- Create consumer-valued food for healthier nutrition – enabling individuals to make informed and affordable personal nutrition choices
- Build a consumer-centric connected food system – developing a digital food supply network with consumers and industry as equal partners
- Enhance sustainability through resource stewardship – developing solutions to transform the traditional ‘produce-use-dispose’ model into a circular bio-economy
- Educate to engage, innovate and advance – providing ‘food system’ skills for students, entrepreneurs and professionals through advanced training programmes
- Catalyse food entrepreneurship and innovation – fostering innovation at all stages of business creation
We will achieve our mission by:
- Creating and scaling-up agrifood startups to deliver new food innovations and businesses
- Developing talents and leaders to transform the food system
- Launching new innovative products and ingredients to deliver healthier and more sustainable food
- Engaging the public so that they can become the agents of change in the food system
Greece is the third largest producer of olive oil in the world and is one of EIT Food’s RIS countries.
The agrifood sector, a solid pillar of the Greek economy
Greece’s good climate together with their geography and their rich diversity of traditional crops has helped them keep their sales at an adequate level throughout the years. Being at the forefront of the food manufacturers’ market, their agrifood exports account for over 30% of their total exports.
Room for Improvement
Owing to their weak connections among private sector, universities and research institutes, boosting synergies between them could increase the number of patent applications in a country with considerable research potential. All this along with a significant growth in organic farming and a need to increase their land productivity implies that Grecque agrifood sector could benefit from achieving current European standards and EIT Food can help them follow the right course.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel.: +30 210 7236 217
- Add.: Vas. Sofias Avenue 96, 11528, Athens, Greece