Industry Disruptors – Game Changers, announce the launch of “Disrupt Cyprus Cup”, a competition that aims to discover the most innovative startups with the utmost potential to scale up and expand their business. Cyprus-based startups are invited to apply online by Friday November 10, 2016 Applications will be initially assessed by ID-GC experts against a set a specific set of criteria i.e. team, achievements, business model & market, financials & investment proposition.
Finalists will compete live and pitch their ideas to a panel of five experienced judges, including representatives from sponsors i.e. Hellenic Bank, KPMG, Cyban and Digital Tree e-publications. Live pitching will take place in front of the audience during the “Disrupt Cyprus: Ideas Forward”, the flagship event of the Global Entrepreneurship Week Cyprus, on Wednesday, November 16 2016, at 18:00hrs.
Finalists will have 3 minutes to impress the judges and convince them they have a scalable and sustainable business idea. They will then answer the judges’ questions (3 minutes) and will finally receive feedback and advice (2 minutes).
Winners are awarded prizes of 40.000€ value that include:
- Cash prize of 8.000€, kindly offered of OPAP Cyprus.
- One participation in the Global Entrepreneurship Congress and the global final of the Future Agro Challenge competition that will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa with awards of 2.000.000$ value, kindly sponsored by OPAP Cyprus.
- Two participations α) in the biggest international startup event Launch Festival and b) the global final of the Clean Tech Open, Global Ideas Competition with awards of 5.000.000$ value. Both events take place in San Francisco, USA. Participations are kindly sponsored by the US Embassy to the Republic of Cyprus.
- Forty (40) hours of premium mentoring and consulting in entrepreneurial finance, accounting and legal matters, kindly offered by KPMG Cyprus.
- Digital marketing services of 10.000€ value, kindly offered by Digital Tree.
- A scholarship for its world renowned idea accelerator, kindly offered by the Founder Institute, Cyprus Chapter.
- Opportunity to pitch live to Cyban angel investors.
For details, procedures and timeline please read terms and conditions.